Blogger Templates

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Free Knife!!

For my birthday, my newspaper job gave me a $25 gift card to REI. Well today I decided to go to REI and buy me another knife. I wanted one where you touch a button and the blade flips open by itself. I found some but they were more money than I was allowed to spend. I did find a couple of smaller knives that I liked. I spent a good 20 minutes staring at these knives trying to decide which one I wanted. As I was about to make a decision on which knife to get a lady walks up to me and asked me what I was looking for in a knife. I told her what I was looking for and she told me to hold on for a minute. She started to rummage through her purse. I was wondering what she was up to and then she pulls out a knife! To cut me?! To show me?! NO...to GIVE it to me!!!! It is a Benchmade knife. And it flips open. I do have to give a little push with my thumb to have it flip but its close enough for me. Its a $150 knife!! And she just gave it to me. She said that she likes doing random acts of service and this was her act of service for the day. What an awesome lady! Someday when I can actually afford knives that are expensive and nice, I will do the same thing for some poor young person. Here is a picture of what the knife looks like.

1 comment: