Blogger Templates

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Institute

Institute has a special place in my heart.

I started going to institute the day I started going to UVU's dental hygiene program.  I figured I would need that spiritual time to get away from the busy, hectic, CRAZY 2 years I had ahead of me.  Oh buddy, was I right. 

Anyone who knows me also knows that I'm a stresser.  When I was in class with the other 13 Type A(++++++) personalities, I stressed.  When I was working with a patient and didn't know what was going on, I stressed.  BUT, when I was in institute I could just relax.  I could just have a great, uplifting time.  I felt at home.  I liked institute better than BYU classes.  BYU classes are focused on tests and papers and (at least the ones I took) took a very scholarly approach to the Gospel-- not my style.

Due to the intense nature of my program, I couldn't always go to institute.  In fact, near the end, I had no time for it at all (what with being on a different campus and studying for boards and doing community projects). 

Well I had almost forgot about institute after moving to Tucson, but my new friend Kelsey told me about the institute at U of A.  "It's the best!  Everybody goes there. $1 lunch on Fridays! Free parking!" 

So Micah and I went.  It lives up to its reputation.  We go to a marriage class on Wednesdays and I go to the devotional on Fridays.  After devotional, Micah meets up with me to go to the lunch.  Oh, the lunch! $1= Lasagna, salad, garlic bread, ice cream with toppings, lemonade.  Micah and I agreed that it is probably cheaper than making our own lunch.

In conclusion, GO TO INSTITUTE!  It's the bomb.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that my family is still being so spiritual in that fiery wasteland down there.

    ReplyDelete